Satellite
  • Day 28

    SdC

    October 3, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Well, I made it! I arrived in Santiago yesterday afternoon. The walk to Santiago from Pedrouzo was through beautiful woods with many eucalyptus trees. That was the first part. I also saw the sun come up over the trees, which seemed and felt like a nice beginning to the last day of walking. The rest of the route was nothing special and ofcourse very crowded. I am really a bit appalled at how the French camino is littered and the indication signs are all written or graffitied on. Echt humans!

    When I arrived at the Praza do Obradoiro, which is the plaza in front of the cathedral, there was not really a feeling ....... Some people said that I would feel happy, some said sad, some said proud etc etc... I didn't really feel anything. There was a little bit of ...... Hmmm ... Is this it.... And ....... Ok where is my hotel 😂.

    But all in all I am very happy and proud of myself to have made it all the way here, it took some doorzettingsvermogen sometimes, but I am happy that I pushed through and did the last 100 km too 😁. Now I don't have to come back 😂😂😂😂.

    Santiago is a nice city and I spent the whole day today walking through it little streets and alleys. At the end of the day, I was touristed out and was happy to meet with my dutch friends Hugo and Yolanda for dinner. They arrived this afternoon. Wow, we had a great tapa's dinner. I am really full!!!

    Tomorrow, I might take a tour to Finisterre and Muxia by bus. Let's see of I can wake up 😬
    Read more