Satellite
  • Day 19

    Dubbo

    September 27, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    We spent 2 nights around Dubbo as we had some errands to run: car maintenance and administrative crap.

    Night 1: Ponto Falls Campground, got there late after our Mudgee extravaganza. Simple campsite (lots of birds and friendly ducks) - closed since covid but we went in anyway.

    Day/ Night 2: Headed to Dubbo, we stayed at a rest area to work on the car. Unfortunately, Robin spilt engine oil on the bed... so we had to pay for the crapiest caravan park just to clean the sheets at the laundry machine... We ended up at a burger joint for dinner.

    Spent the following day working on the car doing the regular service and ran some errands for Robins VISA - good thing about Dubbo, everything is 2 minutes away!! (Robin met a lovely chap who went over and above his ‘very busy schedule’ to certify his papa era. We stopped for the night at Terramungamine Camp Ground. We met Nicole and Ruby (her 15 year old dog). Nicole is a nomad who currently works with the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, she told us about some nice spots around, such as a rock where aborigenese would sharpen their tools thousands of years ago. She also told us that someone got shot in the leg at the campsite we were staying at 2 weeks before. Apparently some locals like to rob the rich tourists ...

    Lara wanted to go to the zoo even thought Robin tried to convice her otherwise. The zoo was a horrible experience as school holidays had just started and Lara even admitted at the end that the zoo was dull! Animals seem bored and unhappy ..

    Was a long day, but at least the car was purring! Her engine was as happy as ever !!
    Read more