Satellite
  • Day 89

    Day 3 - LA

    June 30, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Getting out of bed this morning was a struggle! We were completely pooped from our long day yesterday. We had lots of bits we needed to buy so we spent the morning visiting Best Buy, K Mart and Target. We have decided to invest in a decent camera as our iPhone pictures just aren't cutting it.

    In the afternoon we headed to Santa Monica, home of the original Muscle Beach where Arnie got massive! Because of the tours we wanted to do, it was cheaper for us to buy Go Cards which gave us access to a number of attractions / tours across LA. One of them was a Malibu Celebrity Homes Tour which left from Santa Monica pier so as we were there we decided to do the tour. This epitomises being a tourist, we were ferried around in an open topped bus whilst the tour guide pointed out various celebrities house. It was quite fun though. I feel like if you can't indulge in trashy celebrity culture when you're in Hollywood when can you? Unfortunately we didn't spot any celebs however we did see a plethora of celebs Malibu beach houses (some of which aren't particularly impressive) including Bruce Willis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Courtney Cox, Tom Hanks and Justin Bieber.

    The tour finished up around 5:30pm so we decided to head back and grab our stuff to go to the airport as the traffic in LA is horrendous and it takes forever to get anywhere!

    Next stop Fiji for some serious relaxing!
    Read more