Satellite
  • Day 151

    Day 3 - Melbourne

    August 31, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    In Australia as a Brit, we get reciprocal medical care so we thought as we were here four months we may as well go sign up. We soon realised as we walked in the door that this was going to be interesting. The place had a job centre vibe and there were lots of disgruntled people kicking off at staff for various things. One old man screaming that he should be at home with his wife as she's about to have a heart attack was just one of the many spectacles. We eventually, after a long wait, got it all sorted and at the very least it was pretty entertaining.

    We then headed for the supermarket to grab some bits for lunch and stumbled past a reasonable priced sushi stand. We managed to pick up 7 various delights for less that $15 which were very yummy!

    Maddy had kindly left her car for us so we decided to drive to Albert Park lake for a stroll in the afternoon. It was 5km loop and the sun was out so it was nice to take it all in. The view towards the city had a Miami feel about it with the Melbourne skyline lined with palm trees.

    In the evening we went out for Thai with some of Maddy's friends to a local restaurant called Ladyboy. I tried a bit of salted squid for starter and can definitely say I'm still not a fan. The roti (pancake type thing) and satay sauce was awesome though! The satay also had a kick to it which was a good lead into the mains which blew our faces off. One slow cooked beef rib in particular was hotter than the sun! All in all though yummy scram!
    Read more