Satellite
  • Day 188

    Day 2 - Agnes Water

    October 7, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Yesterday we became bikers and today we are going to attempt to become pro surfers. Our surf instructor Huggie (great surfer name) picked us up from the hostel at 9:30am and took us down to the beach. After a quick safety briefing (protect your head at all times) he went through some of the things we need to think about and how to get up on the board. We then grabbed our boards and headed into the waves to put it all into practice. Needless to say I am not a pro surfer. I managed to get up onto my knees and even one foot at one point but that's as good as it got. It's really exhausting and my severe lack of upper body strength didn't help. After swallowing a considerable amount of the ocean I gave up and chilled out on the beach. Simon on the other hand it turns out as a knack for surfing and got up loads of times.

    One of the guys, Seffe, we met on our Whitsundays trip happened to be in the class so we went for lunch with him and his wife Zara after our lesson. We got a family portion of fish and chips to share between the 4 of us which came with fish, crab sticks, potato scallops and the biggest portion of chips!

    After lunch we headed back to our hostel and chilled by the pool for the rest of the afternoon. We then tucked in early as we have a 6:30am bus tomorrow morning.
    Read more