Satellite
  • Day 194

    Day 2 - Noosa

    October 13, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 24 °C

    The hostel has free surfboards that you can borrow so this morning we headed down to the beach. It was the busiest beach that we have been on in Australia so far with hundreds of people and school children. I wasn't feeling particularly energetic so I let Si loose on the surfboard whilst I sunbathed / slept / read my book. The surf wasn't the best today so when a very defeated Simon Thatcher came out of the sea, we headed back to the hostel for some lunch. Back at the hostel all of the staff were running around preparing the place for a storm that was rolling in. We took that as a sign that perhaps we shouldn't head back down to the beach in the afternoon. We lounged around at the hostel for a bit but when the rain still didn't come we decided to have a wander around the shops at Noosa Junction. Noosa isn't your traditional backpacker area so there were some really nice nicknack shops to mooch around.

    After dinner we decided to head down to Noosa Heads which is down by the beach to get some ice cream from the Ben & Jerry's shop we spotted in the morning. It was cheaper to buy a large and share than to buy 2 small ones so we went for 3 scoops. All of which were delicious! To walk off the ice cream we had a wander around the shops down by the beach. We were thinking about stopping somewhere for a drink and watching some live music but it was proper posh and therefore we felt embarrassed going in there in our travellers attire. Instead we settled for window shopping and listening to the music from the pavement outside.
    Read more