Satellite
  • Day 232

    Day 3 - Coolangatta

    November 20, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    The weather forecast wasn't great again today and it wasn't really sunbathing weather so we decided to go for another walk (it's like Isla Grande all over again). As we didn't make it to Burleigh Head National Park when we were in Surfers, we decided to catch the bus there and then walk back. When we got there we took the rainforest trail to the Tumgun Lookout which gave a great view back towards Coolangatta. I also narrowly missed a snake that slithered across the path in front of me which I didn't notice. Fortunately it looked like a python so we it couldn't have done a serious damage. On the way back down from the Lookout we stopped on a little beach next to the estuary that comes in from the sea for lunch. The sun was super hot by this point so we regretted not taking our swimmers as the water looked so inviting.

    We then made our way back towards Coolangatta, passing through Palm Beach, Currumbin and Tugun. It was around the Tugan mark that someone had had enough of walking, so we jumped back on the bus for the final bit. To be fair it was a very long way back. Before heading home we grabbed a quick and easy dinner from Aldi and then had a nice and quiet evening.
    Read more