Satellite
  • Day 241

    Day 4 - Kev's House

    November 29, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    Today Kev took us to the small town of Kiama which is around a 45 minute drive from Kev's house. On the way we stopped off at a coffee house in North Wollongong for a brew. They roast all of the beans themselves which is pretty cool.

    Kiama is a really cute town with lots of cute little homeware shops to look around. After having a mooch around some of the shops, we walked along the harbour to Kiama Lighthouse and Blow Hole Point. The Blow Hole wasn't particularly impressive as the sea was pretty calm however it was a nice walk. On the way back to the car we stopped off in a cool little cafe for some lunch. We all opted for burgers with a side of scrummy sweet potato fries.

    On the way back from Kiama, we stopped off at the Five Barrell Brewing Company in Wollongong to pick up a growler of beer. Kev's housemate Chris, is back this evening from work (they both work away) so the four of us went to Ziggy's House of Nomms for some dumplings. They didn't have a table right away so we popped round the corner to a really cool rooftop bar and had a quick beer in the sunshine. Ziggy's is also a tea emporium and there are hundreds of different types of tea to choose from. We opted for a green tea and a black tea, both of which were really nice and a selection of dumplings. The dumplings were delicious however I really struggled to eat the slippery little beggars with my chopsticks and ended up flicking soy sauce all over myself and the lady sat on the table behind us - someone get this girl a fork!
    Read more