Satellite
  • Day 20

    Bangkok

    December 21, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    So travelling in first class on the train was not quite as luxurious as we would have hoped. The bed was incredibly hard and my back was very sore which may have also had something to do with my fall down the stairs (I have developed a rather beautiful bruise now). It therefore wasn't the best nights sleep so after arriving at our hotel in Bangkok before 8am and not being able to check in until 2pm we weren't in the mood for a day of hardcore sightseeing. We therefore decided to check out a new mall to which we could catch a free shuttle boat from the hotel. Now a shopping mall may not seem particularly exciting but this one was insane! The whole bottom floor was kitted out like an old Thai market with a small lake and all kinds of elaborate decor! It's also a great place to escape the Bangkok humidity creating a popular hub for locals. There was so much to see in the mall across 8 floors that we had no problem killing time until we could check in. For the last couple of nights of our holiday we treated ourselves to a fancy hotel with a jacuzzi bath in our room!

    For dinner we headed to an Italian restaurant on the river. It was a complete tourist trap but there was a good armosphere with the hustle and bustle of people. The restaurant also had an all night happy hour with 2 for 1 cocktails and a girl singing which wasn't bad so after eating we hung around for a few hours.
    Read more