Satellite
  • Day 18

    Move to Morningside FRI Day 1

    March 12, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 73 °F

    Took the dogs for a short walk and started putting things away while Mel relaxed. Finally got him going around 10 am then we started talking to the new neighbors which slowed him down. Ironically they are from Homosassa via upstate New York and live in our neighborhood!
    Moved out at noon and headed to Tillis Hills State Park and dumped sewer.
    We arrived at our property around 1 pm and after Mel started listening to my directions we got the trailer tucked into place. We thought we cleared enough but where the deck is going it's pretty rough so we finished setting up and decided to go to Home Depot to get decking materials and the fencing at around 6 p.m. It to a while loadng the treated 2x4's and plywood onto carts by ourselves'then hold ups at checkout for the Rigid floor model sawzall... Then cashier didn't know how to look up the 6'x8' wood fencing we wanted. Just because there was absolutely no offer of help, even outside to load the truck, we took an additional piece of fencing!
    Stopped and got ice cream along the way and Mel remembered he was suppose to get a special plug adapter to plug the trailer in. No AC tonight and have to let the generator run for his C-pap machine and the large fan.
    We're very pleased with the Generac generator!
    Bushed again tonight. Taking tomorrow off and then going out for dinner and a beer!
    Read more