Satellite
  • Day 1

    5/2-Detours, Lost Bags, and More

    May 2, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 75 °F

    Our flight was rescheduled for this morning, and we had to go backwards: Miami to Dallas to Madrid. Rescheduling took about 3 hours. We were given vouchers for a hotel, shuttle, and meals, but we didn’t get to the hotel until 4 a.m. Then when we got there, we found out that the shuttle driver had left our carry-on bag on the curb as he was reshuffling the bags in the van. And it was the bag with our 6 month supply of medications! Dean called the shuttle service and they didn’t have it, so suggested that it was probably at lost and found. He then contacted our auto lease company to tell them we’d be a day late. I contacted our Airbnb host to let him know too; but we couldn’t connect to the hotel’s WiFi in our room, so had to go to the business center in the lobby. Then the computer didn’t recognize me and I forgot my password, so I had to change it. We finally slept from 5:30-7:30 (and no sleeping clothes or grooming stuff since they were all in the same carry-on), then got up to get ready to be picked up by the shuttle at 9:00 for the return to the airport. It was hard to eat breakfast as our stomachs were upset! The hotel was very nice and we wished we could have been there longer.

    We did find our missing carry-on bag at lost and found. The lady was so nice and sympathetic! Then we checked in, and the rest of the trip went smoothly, but we were tired and had stomach aches, so it was hard to enjoy it.
    Read more