Satellite
  • Day 16

    Seeking Laundry, Beach, & Dinner

    May 17, 2018 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 77 °F

    Jacob and Jodie left for home. It was sad to say goodbye, but we'll see them in England.
    Now it was time to wash clothes. Our attempts to find a laundromat were funny: At our resort, there is none, but they told us we could find one at a resort across the road. We asked directions, got a map, and walked all around, finally finding it, but there were only two washers and one dryer, and parking was not close. So we searched online and found one, but it was closed for the lunch hour. Then we found a tourist information place and couldn’t understand all of the information, except we found out that a certain grocery store chain, Intermarche, sometimes has laundry facilities. We knew there was one close to our resort, so went there. It only had 2 washers and 1 dryer, but we could drive up, we could get change in the store, and they had coffee and yummy custard tarts!

    Next, we went in search of a beach for a good view. We didn’t stay as it was time for dinner. We found a great Portuguese restaurant a few blocks from our condo, and got a complete meal for 11 euros (about $13): soup or salad, garlic bread, fish or meat, potatoes or rice, a whole decanter of wine, dessert, and coffee! It was delicious and the service was wonderful too!
    Read more