Satellite
  • Day 2

    Late night

    July 15, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Ok, we just thought we were almost there. Didn't count on the 45 minute wait to get our food at the Huddle House. Or the horrible waitress who was like the walking dead, or the one and only cook who was fighting/flirting with the waitress who brought us our food out one plate at a time. And there's the fact that they were out of salad and out of ribeye. I have to admit, I had convinced myself to be good and have a salad and when she told me there was no salad I think I had a tear in my eyes. Ok, but c'mon, who orders a ribeye be at the Huddle House???

    So now that we're on our last leg and super tired, the conversation has turned to Christina's snoring, Janelle talking in her sleep and the fact that i twirl my hair in my sleep. Funny, it's the second year I've been told that. And then when it got too quiet in the car, Christina said they're all asleep now so I decided to yell WAKE UP!!! Scared the you know what out of a couple of them. Oops, did I just do that? Christina told me I was supposed to think it, not say it. This coming from the person who was yelling at everyone last night in the car to wake up so they wouldn't keep us up all night. And now she's whispering to me to wake them up again. I'm thinking everyone is going to be glad to get to our house tonight. See you tomorrow...
    Read more