Satellite
  • Day 19

    Other hitchhikers and moving to the camp

    December 8, 2019 in Gibraltar ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    On the second day i wanted to look for another accommodation. So i went to the campsite outside of the city and asked there for a place to stay. The problem was that i only had a hammock with a tarp and no tent. The campsite only accept people with a tent and didn't let me stay. I decided to go back to the hostel and continue my search at the marina. At the marina in La Línea i met the first other boat hitchhiker. His name is Przemek and he is from Poland. He told me that there are about 10 other hitchhikers looking for a boat to the canaries and they have a small camp outside of the city. In the afternoon i met the others from the camp and decided to join them on the next day. The days at the marine i spent with talking to the people at the peers and looking for new boats arriving. The people at the marina are really open and friendly and i had some great conversations.
    In the camp with the other hitchhikers were also a very nice atmosphere and all of them were really sympathic. We dumpster dived our food, cooked together and had a nice time. With the time we were about 13 or more hitchhikers at the marina and most of them stayed in the camp. What i really appreciated, that there weren't any fights between hitchhikers and everybody was happy for the others. Although, there haven't been much boats going to the canaries.
    The time in La Línea passed by so fast. I stayed there for nearly one week and nevertheless, it felt like only few days.
    Read more