Satellite
  • Day 222

    Back to Todos Santos

    December 24, 2016 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We are pretty behind on the blog after the upset of Pedro so time to catch up...

    After bumping into some German friends on the highway (not literally!) and pausing for some mucho tasty empañadas, we made our way back to Todos Santos - our favourite place on the Baja Sur. It's a sleepy little artist town which has enough tourism but not too much. We watched the baby turtles being released on the beach at sunset, actually slightly later as a bunch more decided to hatch just at the time we were there. We then drove a mile or so down a bumpy road to a surfers beach which was great for camping.

    We spent a couple of days lazying around on the beach, which gets swarmed by surfers at sun rise and sun set. There were humpback whales with their calves not far off the beach, and with the binocs we could watch the youngsters doing all kinds of crazy manoeuvres as they played around.

    After 3 days of roasting weather a shower was much needed so we popped back to the little campground in town, and were delighted our friend Frida was still there. The last time we were there was when Pedrito was the most full of life. She was flying over to mainland the next day so we gave her and her dog Todo a lift to La Paz.
    Read more