Satellite
  • Day 346

    Glen Waverley

    April 30, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    NELSON BAY TO GLEN WAVERLEY 6th August to 14th August

    We headed off from Nelson Bay for the drive south to Wollongong and set up at Corrimal caravan park near our friends Jean and Fred's house. We stayed there for a week and during that time caught up with other friends, neighbours and old work colleagues from my ancient past when I lived in Corrimal. We also travelled up to Sydney by train and spent a weekend with Janette and Richard in their flat in Bondi (where the young and buff people live!) They took us on a lovely walk across the harbour bridge and return for lunch at a cafe at the Rocks before wandering around the opera house and part of the Botanic Gardens. The following day we all went on a cross-harbour ferry and a spectacular walk along the foreshore, winding our way past little inlets with beautiful views of the harbour and out towards the heads.

    After our final couple of days in Wollongong we said our goodbyes to Jean, Fred and Christine and headed off on the last leg of our trip home. Our final night on the road was spent at Wodonga before the run home down the Hume Hwy.

    In all we spent approximately 12 weeks on the road and travelled 12,000 km. During that time we met some really nice people, saw some amazing places and enjoyed some memorable experiences. We also learned a lot and will no doubt use that knowledge to make our next trip even better or at least as good.
    Read more