Satellite
  • Day 26

    Mansilla to Leon 11.2 miles

    October 17, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    This morning reminded me of one of those delightful mornings in October. You know, when you wake up in the dark and hear the gentle rain falling against the windows. You think that since there is nothing much to do today, just roll over and catch a few more minutes of sleep So you tuck your hand under the pillow and catch another 40 or so until nature's alarm clock awakens you. Then you put on your slippers and robe, quietly walk into the kitchen to make a wonderful cup of hot coffee. Oh my! My hands embrace the warm beverage mug and I quietly sit in my favorite chair, sipping the beverage of delight and engage in reading the news, or just staring out the windows. That's sort of how my day started.

    I work up in the dark to the sound of rain gently falling against the window and thought...@#@@###&&*. So I turned over and went back to sleep until nature's alarm clock went off. Then I put on my slipper boots, my gator sock covers, my pajama bag, and my poncho robe and tried to find the kitchen for that wonderful cup of heaven. Someone forgot to tell me that the lights were out and I could not find them. I could hear others moving around and making too much noise on such a wonderful day in October.
    I found my way out of the bedroom and after way too many minutes and miles finally found the kitchen for a warm cup of Java and the joy that it brings. The kitchen where they deliver coffee to my favorite easy chair for me to enjoy. I even paid for that bit of heaven and the angle thanked me. (This ain't no dream).

    Cound not resist fanticisng a bit, but those simple pleasures that we take for granted sometimes mean an awful lot when denied. But one day soon, I will again put on my slippers and wrap my hands around a wonderful cup of java and enjoy the morning in my favorite chair.

    Needless to say it was raining this morning and made for poor pictures, but my rain gear kept me dry and I enjoyed the walk into Leon where I found an upscale albergue just across from the cathedral. My laundry is being done, have cleaned up, and will venture out shortly.

    Had a good lunch and now relaxing in a chair charging the phone. Why, I do believe it is time for a nap (another one of those wonderful times in October when the gentle sound of rain generates an overwhelming desire for a little snooze).

    Leon has much to explore...until tomorrow.
    Read more