Satellite
  • Day 9

    The Golden Gate

    May 15, 2019 in Palestine ⋅ ☀️ 90 °F

    The Golden Gate, also known as the Gate of Mercy and Beautiful Gate, is in the Eastern Wall of the Temple Mount. The gate we see today was built on top of what many believe is the original Eastern Gate. After a rainy night in April 1969, an American archaeologist student James Fleming came to study the Golden Gate. He was walking near the gate when the ground beneath him opened up and he fell into a large hole. He stated he found himself standing amidst the bones of 30 to 40 human skeletons thrown together in a mass burial. Before leaving he looked around and saw the top of an old arch, which he believed was connected to an old gate that existed in that location before the Golden Gate was built. After this discovery, the Muslims covered the chamber, cemented over the top, and surrounded the mass grave with a protective iron fence to prevent further excavation.
    In Ezekiel 43:4, Ezekiel prophecies about Jesus' 2nd coming and return to the temple mount: "The glory of the Lord entered the temple through the gate facing east.". The Golden gate was walled up by its Muslim conquerors (the Ottoman Turks) in 1530 AD. Many believe this was done to prevent the entrance of the Jewish Messiah through that gate when He returns. The Muslims also put a Muslim cemetery in front of the gate, believing that no Jewish holy man would defile himself by walking through a Muslim cemetery. The Golden Gate is presently considered by the Muslims to be their exclusive property. It is sealed up and blocked off. However one day, the Messiah's feet will stand on the Mount of Olives and from there He will enter the Temple Mount. He will enter the Mount through the Eastern Gate, and nothing will stop His victorious entrance, not even a walled-up gate. However, there is much speculation as to whether the Eastern Gate is the present-day blocked Golden Gate, the gate underneath the present gate discovered by Flemming, or the gate not yet built. Only God knows and I am glad that God has all this figured out.
    Read more