Satellite
  • Day 12

    Wednesday, April 18

    April 18, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    Another clear sunny day!

    We organize ourselves to move back to Site 64 today. It is our last day in Florida!☹️

    We have a 12:30 starting time at Augustine Shores Golf Course, about 5 miles south of here, for 9 holes. We arrive early, hit a few balls, and then tee off. The tees and greens on this course are quite green, but the fairways are brown and dry and hard. They are also narrow and surrounded by lots of water. Houses and condos border almost every hole. It is a short course, which is good for me! People here are very polite and friendly.

    $47.50 US for 2 people and a cart. Not bad, but we weren't keen on the course, so probably won't return.

    On the way back, we stop at the shopping center. Tony drops me off at Bealls, and he goes grocery shopping at Publix. I didn't buy much at Bealls this year. Not enough time to really get into shopping!

    We go out for dinner at Redfrog and McToad. Tony has bangers and mash, which he loves, and I have fish and chips. No cooking or clean up tonight! Yeah!

    We see on the news that the rocket launch is tonight, so we rush back to the beach for 6;52, and there it is! The plume of smoke off to the south. We take a short walk on the beach, but it's chilly so we return to the site to prepare for our trip tomorrow to Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina.

    Time to read , relax, and rest up for tomorrow. Still rereading Icy Sparks.
    Read more