Satellite
  • Day 5

    Muscat

    March 10, 2016 in Oman ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Yesterday after breakfast, Maz and Sue's eldest daughter, Reima picked us up from the port to take us on a tour of Muscat.
    We had to slum it in a brand new 550CL Mercedes-Benz, but such is life LOL.
    We started with a Starbucks on the Corniche, which had a fabulous sea view.
    Then off we went for a tour of the city.
    One of the interesting things was to see the private residences of the royal family and the top government officials, only from the outside of course, lol.
    Then we had a ride to Reimas house where we met her four adorable children, who we'd seen many pictures of on Facebook but never in the flesh.
    Then we called in to see Hussam, Reimas husband, at his car detailing garage, car detailing for the uninitiated is sort of very expensive and expert car valeting.
    It includes special processes on the car body, to bring the paintwork back to, better than showroom quality.
    The average price is about £500, so you can imagine the type of cars his staff get to work on, when we went in there were a couple of Range Rovers, a huge Jeep thing, a couple of BMWs, an Audi, all top of the range, also one beautiful Ferrari, which I sat in for a photo, and then struggled to get out of. So I've decided not to buy one lol.
    Read more