Satellite
  • Day 10

    Peter Dimitrov

    March 15, 2016 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    What can I say about this guy?
    Apart from being professional, very friendly and approachable from the passengers point of view.
    His management style is such that he has the happiest crew I've ever met, and as the saying goes, "Happy crew, happy passengers".
    Anyway last night we where invited to the captains table by John Hazzard the F&B manager.
    Besides the six of us guests, his new wife Ann joined us and we had an excellent meal, in a very relaxed atmosphere with excellent company.
    Despite his senior position, John is another approachable down to earth and friendly guy, and his wife Ann is beautiful and in true Scottish Glaswegian fashion is a great talker and very friendly.
    After the meal we went back to the cabin and lo and behold what's on the table but a courtesy bottle of wine from Peter, along with a bottle of Moet Chandon champagne also from Peter to apologise for the soot mess we had on our balcony over night.
    Apparently they were doing some work on the funnel, and a load of soot ended up on the rear balconies, the cabin steward Franky had told us about it, and it was cleared up by late morning, so was no big deal to us.
    But Peter being Peter there was a bottle of champagne in the cabin as an apology, but not the usual sparkling plonk that's dished out as quiz prizes, but a bottle of genuine Moet.
    To continue with this cruise to end all cruises, later this afternoon a group of us have been invited for afternoon tea at the 6 star Al Bustan hotel with Peter and some of the officers.
    I'll tell you all about that tomorrow.
    Read more