Satellite
  • Day 17

    Will I never learn

    May 25, 2015 ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    Well Saturday morning started as normal having breakfast with Sheila, Sue and Maz.
    Then at 12.15pm we had our lunch with an officer, which is one of the diamond plus benefits when you reach 350+ cruise points, there where five or six tables with six or so passengers to each table, we had Ken Rush, the cruise director and a junior officer on our table.
    The meal and the company where excellent, the problem was, well I should say my problem was, the wine, it flowed very freely, and it would have been rude to refuse. Lol.
    Anyway almost immediately after the meal, a group of us went up to the concierge lounge to set up a small party for Doreen and Eric, two friends of ours who turned pinnacle on this cruise.
    And of course we all brought a bottle of wine, it would have been rude not to, lol.
    Well by the time the party finished, it was 4.30pm.
    Just enough time time to clear every thing away ready for the 5pm drinks.
    When Ike the waiter came around for the order, I ordered another glass of wine, it would have been rude not to.
    Btw, can you see a pattern appearing here? Lol.
    8.30pm and we're all booked in the Grand restaurant for dinner, and once again
    We had wine with the meal, needless to say, I don't remember going to bed.
    So for the following two days Sheila and I both abstained from alcohol, and on the first day we only left the cabin to grab some food on a couple of occasions.
    Maybe one day I'll learn, but don't hold your breath lol.
    Read more