Satellite
  • Day 5

    Meal with an officer

    November 8, 2014, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    Yesterday we got the usual invitation for a meal with an officer, which we accepted as it's normally a nice meal.
    Well this was a good meal as per, with the added bonus of one of the officers on our table being the head of finance on the ship.
    So Sheila asked him why the internet packages on board where $50 more expensive than the Oasis?
    He admitted that he didn't realise that they where, and asked if we'd purchased one?
    Sheila told him that we had, because of our Nic being pregnant and Sheila needing to keep in touch with her.
    He immediately phoned the finance office and instructed them to refund our money, which was $160 by the way, and gave us an unlimited internet package free of charge.
    So that gets a big thumbs up from me and revives a bit of faith in RCCL's Loyal to Royal statement.
    Oh yes we're doing OK in the progressive quiz too, we've moved up from 11th to 9th, and also got a big laugh with our team name, which is "Dickens Cider".
    That is except for one American woman who obviously misinterpreted ;-) it as "Dick inside her" LMAO.
    Also this quiz is quite a bit friendlier than some of them, so it is, a progressive, rather than an aggressive quiz, lol.
    Read more