Satellite
  • Day 12

    Geiranger Fjord Norway

    July 25, 2013 in Norway ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    I've seen some beautiful and stunning places in my time, but none more beautiful or stunning than Geiranger fjord.
    From the Norwegian sea entrance to the fjord, all the way through to Geiranger itself the scenery is absolutely stunning.
    The journey in across the Norwegian sea takes about, five hours, and every inch of the way there are fantastic views to be had.
    About halfway through, you come across the seven sisters waterfalls, where the captain stops the ship and does a couple of 360° turns with the ship, so you get a spectacular panorama of the fjord and the waterfalls.
    Exactly why the waterfalls are called the seven sisters I'm not sure, because according to legend a couple lived on the mountain, with seven children, four boys and three girls, and when the children played outside they had long ropes tied around their waists to stop them falling off the mountain, and the falls are named so, because of the seven children.
    So why the sisters thing and not including the boys, I'm not sure, but I will Google it when I get home lol.
    Btw the photos below do not do the fjord justice sorry.
    Read more