Satellite
  • Day 4

    Funchal, Madeira,

    June 9, 2016 in Portugal ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    Today we dock in Funchal, Madeira, but not until 1pm, which is late, we are staying until 8pm, so plenty of time to have a look around.
    We where all here six months ago and did the cable car which takes you from the old town up to Monte, which was brilliant as the views going up, down and from the top are fabulous.
    This time we are just going to have a walk around the town and maybe take a look at the market.
    Last night we had another nice night in the Cosmopolitan Club, where Roy and Jill joined us for the evening.
    Joe had a ball walking around the lounge and waving at anyone and everyone. He looked gorgeous in his sailor suit.
    At about 7.30pm people started turning up in weird and wonderful footwear. There was a guy going around photographing them and their shoes.
    In the end there must have been about 60 or 70 adults and children all wearing outrageous footwear.
    There was one woman who seemed to be in charge, so naturally I asked her what it was all about, and it turns out that it's a personal development group who decided to have a "happy feet" gathering. Apparently they are all business people from around the world, who have joined this personal development group. I suppose to develop their outlook on life.
    I'll definitely try and find out more. So watch this space!
    Read more