Satellite
  • Day 39

    First night on board

    February 16, 2013 in England ⋅ ⛅ 3 °C

    With it being the first night Sheila and I went to the restaurant for dinner, instead of the buffet which we normally use, mainly so we could see our other friends who are on this trip.
    We had a lovely meal and a good catch up.
    Pauline passed Jennifer and John and Sheila and I a card each which it turned out was from Hazel and "posh" Peter two other friends who were booked on this cruise but due to illness, couldn't make it.
    The card was apologising for not being here and wishing us all bon voyage and hoping we all had a great cruise.
    It was a really nice thing for them to have done.
    So if you happen to read this blog guys, thank you both very much and we wish you were here.
    Oh btw "Posh" Peter get well soon mate x
    I've been looking at some of the other passengers on board and I don't think the ships disco will be very busy on this trip.
    I'd say our company is among the youngest, and we're in our 50s and 60s lol.
    I passed Anderson's bar last night and I'm even more certain that you have to be certified dead to be allowed in there, I've never seen a more miserable place.
    It's now 6am and the weather isn't to bad, it's cold and the ship is rolling a bit, but no strong wind, rain or snow.
    That's all for now I'm going for another coffee.....
    Btw, Sheila had her picture taken with a famous film star (see pic)
    Read more