Satellite
  • Day 49

    My god the heat! The damned heat!

    February 26, 2013 in Jamaica ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Day at sea yesterday and the officer of the watch announced a temperature of 26 degrees, well I think he needs a little finger on his watch as the temperature was definitely in the 30s.
    Just ask any of the sun worshippers who vacated their sunbeds about 1pm because they were melting in the heat, the beds that is not the people...lol.

    Sheila and I had a sun free day and stayed inside most of the time, just venturing out at lunch time for the on deck Bar-BQ, which I'm sure they could have cooked without charcoal...did I mention how hot it was on deck?

    After lunch my bed was calling me so I had a nap till quiz time, you may have noticed that I've not mentioned the quizzes much recently, that's mainly due to the fact that after our good start at the beginning of the cruise, we've bombed out in most of the quizzes.
    But we still keep plugging away.
    We're hoping most of the other teams get bored of winning and stop turning up, thus giving us a better chance of winning again.
    Then again the way we've been performing if we were the only team taking part we'd still finish second....!.

    Sheila and I decided to have an early night and went to bed at 9.30pm, with the hour going back that made it 8.30 pm and the reason for me writing this blog at 4.45am.
    Well I have had 8 hours sleep plus naps.
    It's Montego Bay, Jamaica today so Sheila, Jennifer, John and I are going to continue our cultural crusade of the Caribbean.
    We've had a few warnings about the dangers of walking around Jamaica alone, but being seasoned travellers and hard cases from Bradford and Liverpool I'm sure we'll be ok.
    If that fails I'm hoping Jennifer being almost a local will help..lmao.
    It's Monday 25th of February, you know the time and it's dark outside but lovely and warm....
    Read more