Satellite
  • Day 70

    Ponte del Garda, Azores

    March 19, 2013 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Last night the act in the theatre was a ventriloquist by the name of Gareth Oliver, he was the funniest vent I've seen in a long while.
    The show was made even better by him getting my mate John up on stage, fitting him with a mask and making him a ventriloquists dummy.
    Anyone who knows John knows that he DOESN'T do audience participation, well with the help of a litre of €1.09 red wine he'd bought ashore in Ponte del Garda, he became the star of the show.
    Gareth had him telling everyone that he was wearing his wife's thong and was an expert ballet dancer to name but two things.
    John is definitely not a ballet dancer, but the jury is still out on the thong wearing.....lmao.
    Well, I was proved wrong and we actually got in to the Azores, well done captain...
    Ponte del Garda was a nice town and we enjoyed a couple of hours there, and the rain held off, woo hoo!
    We continued our cultural tour and found our usual cheap local bar and had a couple of beers.
    At €1 each it was one of the cheapest on the tour.
    On a more serious note we found out that the island had some really bad weather the night before we arrived, the TV news showed pictures of some really bad flooding and I believe three people lost their lives in the storms.
    It puts some of the complaints about the ship rocking in to perspective....
    Read more