Satellite
  • Day 70

    Aqaba

    May 8, 2012 in Jordan ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    I got on the shuttle to Aqaba with Jean (Sheila stayed on board as usual) we were planning to have a look around the town.
    We'd decided against going to Petra as the price was over the top and it was a long trip.
    So a visit to see Aqaba was what we had decided on, anyway as soon as we got off the shuttle I realised I'd been here before.
    All these places we visit seem to merge in to one...lol.
    Aqaba was a big contrast to Alexandria, it was very clean with lots of shops, cafes and hotels, some of which were beautiful and expensive looking, with guards on the entrance gates etc.
    We only stopped in town for about an hour as the heat was amazing it was in the high 90s farenheight.

    Last night in the diamond lounge was good, the company must number over twenty people and no one sits in the same place each night so you get to speak to different people each night.
    Last night Egbert the German pilot and Mazen my Jordanian friend, sorted out the Middle East problem and the world economy....
    We've decided that if all the governments of the world meet in the diamond lounge on any RCCL ship and have a few free drinks, all the worlds problems could be sorted out...lol thats the theory anyway.
    Read more