Satellite
  • Day 13

    Aqaba Jordan

    May 2, 2018 in Jordan ⋅ ⛅ 34 °C

    Today we docked at Aqaba in Jordan, this must be my fifth visit to the port and I've still not done the trip to Petra. Two main reasons are firstly the price its so bloody expensive from the ship. And secondly if you do it privately it's a 2.5 hour drive each way, so if you have any delays then you could miss the ship. 20 years ago that wouldn't have bothered me, but nowadays I'm a bit more cautious, lol. OK, OK, it's mainly the price.
    Anyway I had a walk around the town, with Nic, Joe, and John & Mable. And as none of them had ever been inside a mosque, we decided to have a look around the nearest mosque to the bus station, which is the Sharif Hussein bin Ali Mosque.
    As we entered the grounds of the mosque, there where a couple of guys, who were sort of security, they were very polite and helpful, they gave the women some cover up garments. It is quite a nice mosque, and the locals were friendly, when we got in side the building our Joe ran about a bit and I was trying to stop him, when a guy doing some repairs to the mosque smiled and signaled to me that Joe was fine and doing no harm.
    After we came out of the mosque John & Mable went back to the ship as the heat was a bit to much for them. Nic Joe and I set off to find the ruins of the old town which are quite interesting.
    That was after a quick stop at Macdonalds to get a cold drink and to feed Joe. We were lucky in Mackie Ds, as we only had English money 💷 which they didn't take. But a very nice Scottish bloke standing at the counter said to order what we wanted and he'd lend us the money, till we got back to the ship.
    Read more