Satellite
  • Day 1

    Day 1 on the new Symphony of the seas

    June 10, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    First impressions of the ship are good, it's just like the Harmony of the seas.
    The only place we've really seen up to now is, surprise, surprise, the Suites/Costal Kitchen Lounge, which is fabulous, and for me the best thing about the "big" ships.
    These huge floating theme parks, are amazing, but imho, they are really designed for families and young people, which is not a problem, as there are lots of "smaller" ships for old farts like me to pick from.
    But back to the Symphony, as I said it is huge and accommodates 6800 passengers, and something like 2500 crew, which is bigger than the population of Garswood, the area I live in!
    Having said that, there is plenty of space for everyone, and the ship never seems to be overcrowded, although there are lines for some of the attractions, which is only to be expected.
    All the staff we have met upto now have been very helpful and friendly, especially the two concierges Raj and Rahul.
    Raj in particular is brilliant. I have known him for a number of years now and he has always been great, and, definitely one of the best concierges in the company.
    Anyway that's all for now, more about the ship to follow.
    Read more