Satellite
  • Day 22

    Last day in Tokyo

    March 25, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    Morning: early start to go to the former fish market that now only has a few stalls selling fish around. Very touristy and disappointing place, nothing much to see compared to Kyoto or Osaka markets. Tube to Hasakabusa to visit the temple area, walk around the neighborhood still waking up, then see Asahi hall and Tokyo Skytree tower. Tube to Omotesando to walk around Omaya (only luxury fashion boutiques), and Arakusa. Also lots of boutiques but in a more geeky/crazy style! Very typical. Without transition you can visit the traditional XX temple before diving into Shitakaya street where all the Anime kids go for colourful sweets and clothes.
    Lunch: gyoza spot in Arakusa. Quite underwhelming but a least cheap
    Afternoon: walk to and around Shibuya. The famous crossing is not that impressive and the rest is just malls and stores that I am getting tired of! Tube back to Ginza to buy a teapot and go to a great tea house called XX where I got an excellent tea set and bought some bags to bring back. Last turret latte before running to a CrossFit session at Shinkara.
    Evening: literally starving, I went on my ramen tour. First at Tori Paintan for delicious chicken based soup. Then to Menya Kajin for seafood based soup. Was hard to find but also delicious. The other two were unfortunately closed. So instead I tried yakitori in Omeido alley: probably the worst meal I have had of the whole trip! Too bad to finish on that note... So to recover I went back to ramen Nagi: so rich but so good!
    I struggled to go back with the closing tube so after going in circles I had to take a cab back.
    What a last day! 4h sleep now before catching my plane
    Read more