Satellite
  • Day 3

    Day 3🇨🇭

    July 23, 2022 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Woke up in Lugano at 6:00. There was a train leaving for Les Diablerets at 7:00 - for that destination we had to change 4 trains, and it took a total of 6h and 18m.
    The first train was Lugano-Zurich, and I’m mentioning it because it passes through the world’s longest railway tunnel, at 57 kilometres and takes 20 minutes to do so! Our goal today was to get to Glacier 3000 and that’s achievable only by going to Les Diablerets, getting a bus to Col du Pillon and from there the cable car to the top of the mountain. Glacier 3000 is a Swiss company that operates different cable cars in the area, and this particular one is a bridge from two different peaks at 3000 metres above sea level. The “peak walk” as it is called, is the only suspension bridge connecting two peaks!
    The weather today was cloudy and misty but at least not rainy. The altitude made it a bit hard to breathe in the beginning but after walking a few minutes we got used to it. We were the first in our group of cable car on the peak walk so we got a bit of time for ourselves for photos and enjoying the view. In the beginning I was a big scared of the bridge cause I was only looking down (first ever thing NOT to do on a nearly transparent bridge) but then I got used to it. We got to the opposite peak and the view was beautiful. The wind was rather cold though - we were dressed correctly but there were people in shorts and we felt sorry for them 😂.

    Continuing part 2!!
    Read more