Satellite
  • Day 10

    One More Hike for Good Measure

    October 18, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    This time, we're off to the Torcal de Antequerra for our final hike in Spain. Crazy, yes. Initially this was sort of a filler for our last day here, but things got a little shuffled. I'd found the tour on Viator and chosen it based on the cool geological features there. It's a rocky limestone landscape that looks a little out of this world.

    Our guide explained that the park's features was attributed to the erosion of wind, rain and ice. I loved the pancake fixtures (though they don't call them that here in Spain because there's no pancakes here), and I loved the rock formations that looked like shapes. We saw chickens, camels and a turtle! Just a wee bit of imagination is needed. There was a bit more climbing among the rocks that we'd anticipated, but the past few days of hiking prepped us well for it.

    Back in the city, one last afternoon/evening in Malaga. We met up with Savannah's friend Tessa and went back to El Pimpi for a scrumptious lunch. Fried seafood, patatas bravas and a ham/cheese platter. We split off after, with Tessa and I heading to explore the Alcazaba nearby. It's a small version of the Alhambra in Granada, so a little underwhelming but a nice walk about. There's actually a path around the left side of them amphitheatre that you can walk up to Mirador de Alcazabar for some great views for the city. For the adventurous, you can also check out the Castle Gibralfaro nearby too. It's a bit of a hike, so be warned =) I think there's a bus up, but can't be sure.

    One last beach visit and then a final final dinner as we say bye to 2 more folks from our tour. One more night for us here as tomorrow is our Ronda day trip!
    Read more