Satellite
  • London At Last!

    May 31, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Wow!

    To say I’m exhausted is an understatement but that didn’t stop me from my ritual of heading straight to my London ‘touch point’ Big Ben! Even against a dreary drizzly London Spring day the recent refurbishment looks awesome: shiny golden & new! The accomodation is one tube stop from the Elizabeth Tower so I walked above ground, from Embankment, along the Thames, to catch a glimpse today…and, as always, my heart skipped a beat! 🕰🥰

    I was going to leave it at that (as I knew the 30+ travel hours had taken a toll) but I seemed to just follow the crowd and check out the local area…ended up walking down the Mall to Buckingham Palace to see that there were some rehearsals going on but sadly realised that seeing the actual artists on stage would not be possible because huge fences have been erected around the entire area…oh well…I’m still here so that’s the main thing. Many roads have been closed so it was quite unique to be wandering around the middle of the road without traffic…
    And: check out the flags & bunting everywhere.

    Pushed myself as far as I could so I could actually comprehend that I was finally here! Hopefully after an actual sleep 😴 in a bed, I will be renewed to explore, celebrate and reflect on the history defining moment I’m about to be a part of!

    Such a shame Richard can’t be here to enjoy the jubilant Jubilee with me. These are the times we still live in…although you’d never know it here in London: nobody is wearing masks 😷 anymore, anywhere: the tube is packed and it’s business as usual!

    Good night
    It’s 9.30pm and still light out! Seems strange but tomorrow is Summer here…alas, I feel I’ve made a slight packing error! Well, the shorts should come in handy next week in Italy 🇮🇹
    Read more