Satellite
  • Jubilee High Tea on the Thames

    June 3, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Started the day with a wander through the beautiful Covent Garden… Compared to yesterday it was bliss being able to just wander aimlessly along the cobbled streets & soak up the atmosphere.

    Happened upon a cute little French bakery in one of my all time favourite areas, Soho, Cafe Boheme, pulled up a chair & soaked in the atmosphere: Billy Holiday crooning while devouring freshly made coffee (the best I’ve had in London) and flaky baked croissant 🥐

    Continued on to search for the Phoenix garden which is the last of the Covent Garden community gardens. It was featured in one of my favourite Christmas movies, Last Christmas! So peaceful 🪴 nothing but birdsong and filtered sunlight through the trees 🌳…a touching tribute to George Michael on the entrance gate.

    This afternoon Marta and I enjoyed high tea on the Thames in honour of the Queen! It was quite hilarious… You could tell that it was slightly disorganised & the staff were flying by the seat of their pants! It was like being a board a Carry On movie set! The girl that was at the bar all of a sudden became the commentator on the Queen‘s life. Her commentary was rushed and very cockney. Later up at the bar I told her she did a good job and she said (…in an Eliza Doolittle accent: “I ain’t that good on me Roman numerals so I just made up the Queen and King numbers!”
    Too funny!
    I ate and drank way too much! The scones were like rock cakes; I was careful not to drop them into the Thames for fear of killing some of the marine life LOL!

    Added bonus of going under all the London bridges and checking out the big name attractions from a new angle!

    Another great day in bustling London Town! A magnificent 21 degree day! 🇬🇧🧁🥰☀️🥳👑
    Read more