Satellite
  • Day 2

    All at Sea

    August 18, 2018 in Slovenia ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Well today was a lovely late start of me (Nyah) and Maisie about 10:00 wake up after a long day of travelling and peeling our eyes back in order to stay awake. Finally, after dragging our butts to get out of bed we headed up for breakfast but because of our late awakening there wasn’t any tables but we found a nice wobbly table outside.

    While me and moo where both waking up, Lillian and Mum checked out the Kids Club and went to an icebreaker’s session where she sang about snotty gorillas and made new friends. This was all after her stubborn attempt to not go to Kid’s Club but she loves it and had three sessions yesterday, while the rest of us had a relaxing time while tried.

    After breakfast Maisie and myself headed to the shops to have a mooch before going to reception to get the paddles and ball for table tennis. We got to the tables and oh my gosh there was a gust. It was so windy and this made table tennis impossible as the wind would carry the ball to right and glide in the wind before landing and rolling in circles around us while we tried to catch it. There was no need to go to the gym anymore we both managed to get a lovely run and squat workout while playing. We soon gave up on table tennis as it was getting ridiculous and I had stitch from laughing to much and running around.

    So I got ready to head up to the pool and sun beds to read my book. I could not find any spaces on the sun beds in any pool areas but me and mum headed up to the upper deck (deck 10). We found sun beds but we had to fight with them in order to keep the head up and pin our towels to them because of the wind. This was not fun no matter how much mum would laugh me and my subbed disagreed massively. Once the sun bed was defeated me and mum took part in the daily trivia and ended up getting 120 points which we were proud of especially as I am no good with general knowledge but I do know my marvel superheroes 😁

    I was finding the wind to hard to deal with and I couldn’t actually see my book because of my hair flapping in my face. So headed inside and went to the coffee port with Maisie where we both got milkshakes and played two games of Othello. I kicked Maisie’s bum and I was a beginner to the game haha moo😆 she was desperately to find a way to say that I had played this game before but no I beat her with no experience.

    Realising it was getting closer to 6 we went back to the cabin to start getting ready for our formal evening. We did hair, make-up and taking make up off and put on our bridesmaids dresses to head down for dinner at the restaurant 47 which was very nice. While waiting for dinner we played a couple of games of word association or a weird game where Maisie and mum were just saying random words claiming they associated like ‘railings’ then ‘peas’. Um no that doesn’t work you two. Lillian was a great player but wouldn’t stop laughing meaning there was a lot of hesitation which is not allowed.

    After dinner me and Lillian ran through the ship in order to get her changed for Kid's club that evening and that destroyed me feet in their heels. She made it on time and I went back to the restaurant for my yummy chocolate soufflé and then we headed to the broadway show lounger to watch the performance of Best of Broadway.

    This was fantastic and included: Chicago, Half a Sixpence, Cabaret and The Lion King. A throughout enjoyable experience and what was amazing is that me, Maisie and mum went on a backstage tour earlier in the day to see how everything worked.

    After this is it was a chilled evening where we headed to the venue to watch live music and a game show commence which was entertaining to watch even with Andrew acting like 5 yr old 😂 then it was bed time and a very deserved bed time.
    Read more