Satellite
  • Day 11

    Day 11 Esperance to Albany

    April 24, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Today we left Esperance to get to the town of Albany for Anzac Day tomorrow. Albany is the site where 41,000 Australian and New Zealand troops departed for the Great War, WWI. So today we were pretty much driving all day to get to Albany.
    We stopped once for lunch at a park where there was a line of old cars, I don't know why they were there but they were cool to look at. The playground was huge, it had swing things, climbing things, slide things and it even had monkey bar things. I liked the swing things the most though.
    Once we arrived in Albany all the caravan parks were fully booked for tomorrow, so we had to drive a bit out of town to find a park. We did end up finding a nice place to stay next to the water called Panorama. It also had a mini pier covered with seagulls and pelicans.
    Later at night Dad went spear fishing and found lots of catfish/eel things but didn't catch any because he didn't know what they were. Dad didn't end up catching anything but we later found out that those catfish/eel things, otherwise known as Cobblers, had very poisonous spikes on them so we were happy that we didn't catch any.
    Can't wait for tomorrow.
    Read more