Satellite
  • Day 77

    Day: 12

    September 30, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 55 °F

    Goodbye Oregon....

    Hello C A L I F O R N I A ! ! ! ! ! !

    I've officially ridden a few less than 400 miles and crossed my first state line. Quite an accomplishment I would say!

    I realized today that I am ENJOYING packing everything up, putting it on my bike and just riding. I was going to take an off day, stay in the same camp, and do a few things around Brookings, I even had everything off my bike and was headed out, but I turned back and packed everything up.

    Whatever I needed to do my stuff could come with me. I decided to take a short day instead.

    The day was overcast and chilly, The 26.5 mile ride was flat- ish, and the headwind was pretty strong.

    I didn't rush. Went into Brookings and had breakfast of French toast, eggs, sausage. Stopped in Brookings Harbor on the docks, walked around, had a double scoop of Umpqua ice cream. Huckleberry cheesecake and triple chocolate delight. It was delicious!

    I set up camp at Jedediah State Park right inside the Redwoods forest. It is beautiful and peaceful here. I am surrounded by tall redwoods, and right near a rushing river. I am going to sleep well tonight. I love falling asleep to the sound of water in the background.
    Read more