Satellite
  • Day 92

    Day 26 : Brutal Winds

    October 15, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌬 64 °F

    I almost didn't have anything good to say about this day. It started awful. I didn't sleep at all last night I woke up before daylight packed up the tent and got on the road.

    It was windy from the start. It took me about 5 hours to go 17 miles. A little after noon, the wind picked up so hard it was blowing me into the middle of the road.

    I really didn't know what to do, and was starting to panic, when a woman in the truck stopped and asked if I needed a ride into town. Because I am stubborn, and always want to do things on my own, I almost said no. Thankfully I quickly reconsidered. remembering my past regrets of turning down help.

    The instant the bike was loaded up, and I was sitting in the cab of the truck, I was so grateful.

    The woman, Kail, turned out to be a godsend. She invited me to stay in her home in Yerington. Her and her husband Jim were extremely gracious. I liked them instantly. They let me shower, fed me a delicious dinner, and had a room for me to stay in. Since the winds are supposed to continue tomorrow, Jim insisted I stay another day.

    What started as the worst day of my trip, ended up being pretty great. I met some really great people that I hope to stay in contact with. I would love for Ti-pei to meet them.
    Read more