Satellite
  • Day 48

    Home -Self Quartined

    March 25, 2020 in Egypt ⋅ ⛅ 66 °F

    We arrived on Monday night/Tuesday morning at 12:45am after being emergency evacuation on a charter flight from CapeTown to Madrid Spain to refuel and then on to Miami. There were 3 charter flights, 1 to USA, 1 to Amsterdam then to Canada and 1 to London. And there were about 120 Americans on the charter flight.

    We got the OK to stay at the “closed Camino office”, giving us 2 rooms, large den and kitchen for our quarantine.

    We arrived at Walmart to buy food, sanitary wipes, Soap, Clorox, etc. before the store opens. Karen told me to be first in line. We got water, ingredients to make Taco soup and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I think we are set.

    We then drove to the “Bodega” to get stuff we had in storage. Glenn’s computer, my house shoes. Never thought my “junk drawer” from the #conversationscoast2coast would come in handy ( scissors, pen, paper, etc) to have while in “lockdown”.

    We’ve been instructed to quarantine ourselves for 14 days because of arriving oversea and to take our temperature twice a day.

    This has been a trip of a lifetime. We traveled to new places, made some new terrific friends and enjoyed some “me” time early in the mornings watching the sunrise. In reality, the world is changing so fast, right before our eyes, that I’m grateful for being guided by the Spirit, living in the Spirit, and cruising in the Spirit, the NCL Spirit.

    Here are some of my favorite photos.
    Read more