Satellite
  • Day 70

    Divine appointments

    September 4, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 75 °F

    Today we had a long Member Care Zoom call with folks living in Germany, Canada, Panama, Spain and US. This is a twice a month call and normally they ask, “Where are the Stewarts today?”

    We had to move to a different slot here at the Mountain Meadows RV park. Very nice. Wooded and small pond. The showers are hot and good pressure.

    We grabbed lunch to go from A&W Rootbeer. We enjoyed a picnic lunch out on lake near Hungry Horse Dam road.

    After lunch we drove up past the dam and pulled off the look-out. I noticed a Texas license plate with Sewell Cadillac. As I approached the couple I said “Dallas or Fort Worth?” Their reply was “neither, Southlake!”

    We continued talking. I mentioned Guatemala and they mentioned Rio Hondo. I knew immediately that they must have been a part of Northwest Bible Church.

    Sure enough, they have worshipped at NBC. They know mutual friends, the Binions and several others.

    SMALL WORLD...BIG FAMILY!

    After a much needed nap, Glenn and I joined Brad and Connie Meeder for dinner. Glenn had noticed that they had posted a picture yesterday at Glacier National Park. Who would have thought we would have met up here? Brad and I served on the moody alumni board together back in the 2000’s. We have run into them frequently when Brad has a layover in Guatemala City or in Chicago at MBI and sometimes when Brad is working at the Simulators at AA.

    Divine appointment....gotta love them!
    Read more