Satellite
  • Day 15

    David's Sydney six

    October 19, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Here's a rundown of my top (and bottom) six for the Sydney area.

    Let's go with good stuff first :-)

    #1 - Just being on the trip to begin with!!!

    With all the flight issues and such that we had at the start, I feel very fortunate that Brenda and I actually got to be on the same plane, in the seat class we were supposed to have, and actually sit together. Made for a much better delayed start to our trip than flying on two different planes or two different groups (first and coach) or waiting until Saturday to fly out.

    #2 - Opal Sunday

    Getting the Opal card for using the public transit was great. Having the entire day of Sunday to travel for no more than $2.60 for the day, even better!! We made great use of that day by taking multiple train rides and ferry rides too. Nice way to travel and got some great pictures that day too.

    #3 - Wildlife

    Overall, the critters are so different than what we are used to. Haven't seen a bird that I have seen back home. Plus the zoos / wildlife parks give you a nice chance to get up close to them. Feeding a Roo was fun and giving him a few pets in between was nice too. Beats the petting zoos we have back here :-)

    #4 - Pie Face.

    The savory pies really are super yummy.

    Haven't had a bad one yet.

    Steak with bacon and cheese, fantastic
    Butter Chicken and Veggies, scrummy
    Ground beef with gravy and onions, yes please!

    #5 - The Bondi Beach walk

    Such a scenic route. Plus, it was super cool that the art exhibits were going in, so we got to see some unique sculptures to go with the views. Lots of super tan people soaking up the rays too.

    #6 - Blue Mountain Tour guide. Robert made the day lots of fun and had so many excellent suggestions. Plus, with his experience we were able to do things that others might not normally be able to do.

    A great example was at the Wildlife park. We saw the Kookaburra birds. Honestly, they are cute, but nothing all that special. Well, Robert pulled out an app, and said, "Let's see if we can get them to laugh."

    He pushed a button and bird sounds came out of his phone. It wasn't long until the other birds responded. Their's "laugh" call is super impressive. especially being that close to them.

    So, overall, some really amazing and wonderful exeriences and I could not have picked a better travelling companion than Brenda! Love you Honey!!!

    Gotta go board a plane, so I'll do the bottom 6 while in transit. :-)
    Read more