Satellite
  • Day 5

    Our brush with fame ...

    July 28, 2017 in Sweden ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    We are settling into the Stockholm system of buses, trams, trains and boats and so today headed off by ourselves to do some shopping and sightseeing.

    Thought we might go the the Vasa museum - where they have restored a huge viking ship. We made the novice mistake of not booking online first - the queue was miles long and so we walked past - we'll go back another time.

    First stop was the telco shop to get Mary a prepaid mobile card. Always easy, go into the shop, hand your phone over to the youngest person and let them do it all. I said before how expensive it is in Australia for mobile calls and data plans - so cheap over here $A16 for a prepaid card with 200 calls [no minute limit] 200 SMS and 0.5Gb of data - lasts 1 month.

    Had to buy some Princess Cake [green icing] and a real treat. Caught the tram back, Mary and I became separated by the crowd, but we both knew where to get off - so all's good.

    The big event for today was going to see Manuella and Marjan - winners of the Slovenian Eurovision Song Contest and good friends of our niece Grace. Manuella Brechko is a superstar in Slovenia and has moved to Sweden to launch her international career, as Molly Meldurn would say "do yourself a favour and have a listen"

    It was a fantastic night with world class music and performance, plenty of drinking and laughing and home by 1pm for us oldies. This was something we were not expecting and we are feeling blessed.

    Stuck to the same beers today - might try something new tomorrow and it's off to the ABBA Museum.

    Cheers
    Read more