Satellite
  • Day 6

    Whitewater instead of bus

    February 14, 2017 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    So after the fabulous bus ride I found a better transportation to Chitwan national park in the south: rafting the Seti river.

    They take you out of town, put you in a raft, you camp on the beach, next day your are close to Chitwan ( or to Sauhara, which is the tourist hotspot town there), is another hour to go there.

    The rafting is easy, very nice group, also to Koreans doing a whitewater kayak clinic. Fantastic food, the camp on the beach was great.

    Only problem: I borrowed one of the whitewater kayaks in the evening, just paddled around a bit and tried if I can still escimo roll.

    So the guides saw that and said that I can go in the kayak if one of the Koreans doesnt want anymore. And of course it happened... So I paddled the first time in whitewater, I was too excited to roll, I flipped in one of the rapids. Too much excitement... But I live to tell.

    They said I can have lessons next week if I want to...

    After the river in was lucky that the Canadian couple with us had private transfer to Sauhara. So no bus, which is especially good because they close the road for hours because of construction but small cars are allowed to go through. Or just go.
    Read more