Satellite
  • Day 4

    Ham Rong Mountain

    August 24, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 21 °C

    Back in the car for about 15 min so we can visit Ham Rong Mountain.

    Ham Rong Mountain is situated in the centre of Sapa town and according to legend, once upon a time there were a couple of dragons were so madly in love. While they slept there was a biblical flood and but they didn’t know until they awoke. It was too late for them to escape from so they were washed away and separated and then turned into stone and due to natural instinct, the female (Ham Rong Mountain) always looks toward her lover in the west (the Hoang Lien Son mountain range).Shaped like a dragon’s head in the clouds, Ham Rong Mountain is approximately 2000 metres high with green trees and colourful flowers almost all year round.

    The path leading up to Ham Rong Mountain consists of many stone steps and winding trails. About mid­way, there's in an orchid garden with over 400 species. Standing on the highest point of Ham Rong Mountain (which we didn't continue through to) there is a breathtaking view over the romantic Sapa town.

    We did walk a far way up the mountain, apparently over 500 steps up and even more coming down.

    No wonder when we finally arrived back at the hotel I was having spams in my legs, I could hadly walk.
    Read more