Satellite
  • Day 14

    Pak Khlong Talat Flower Market

    March 13, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 35 °C

    Still being tourists we walked to a flower market called Pak Khlong Talat which transitioned around 60 years ago into today’s produce market, with a particular focus on flowers for both offerings and decoration. It is also one of the biggest markets for fruit and veg in central Bangkok. We only saw a few fruit and vegtables our visit was more about the flowers.

    We then caught a cab back to the Hotel.

    No swimming today just catching up on a few things at the hotel and resting. Our Tour of the Northern Part of Thailand starts tomorrow afternoon.

    We are going to head back to the Neon markets tonight as we think we need to purchase a bag to carry some of our luggage to reduce the weight of John's suitcase. We noticed that on the tour we are only allowed 20kg per bag, I guess that is because we will be moving every few days to a different Hotel either by car or boat, so it makes easier for them to move our luggage.

    Back at Hotel after dinner at Central World and walk back to the markets to purchase a bag.

    What a big day today, tomorrow until the afternoon is going to be restful sitting by the pool.

    Total steps today 16,511 although it did seem way more.
    Read more