Satellite
  • Day 33

    One day in Beijing

    November 1, 2019 in China ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Today we arrived in Beijing and made the most of out one day here! Immigration visas took about 2 hours of our time. We opted to go see the Great Wall of China! I booked a private airport pickup with an English speaking tour guide. That was the only English speaking person wehad the luxury of communicating with today. It wasn’t like Singapore where it was “English friendly”. Here in Beijing, you better not have many questions or want incorrect answers to what they “ “thought” you said.
    The Great Wall was a little cool (around 48 deg F) but with all the walking I was hot in the coat I brought. This definitely wasn’t the best thing I could have done for my knee but I’d hate to be this far and not go see it!! We also went to see the “Summer Palace”. Which was also lovely!
    So here in China I feel like a circus animal. People literally stopped to stare at the 6ft tall girl. The ones that didn’t just outright ask to take a selfie with me also tried to be sneaky in taking pictures. One man come ran up beside me onto a curb I was walking beside and tried to jump to see if he could “be as tall at me”. I told his he didn’t quite make it ;-). I should have opened up a photo booth like at the fair, .25 cents a picture ;-). Haha.
    We can back to this huge airport and are currently waiting patiently to board our 13hr overnight flight back to LAX. While we wait, I’m making Terry get a Chinese massage. He’ll thank me later 😬.
    Next Stop, USA, real food, and English!!
    Read more