Satellite
  • Day 57

    Another idyllic walk in Galicia

    October 18, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    We are not exactly sure where we are! But we have had another peaceful day walking through the countryside...quite long - longer than the predicted 18, we walked 24 kms - and we were instructed to walk till we got to a particular bar, then to call for a ride to our accommodation (like we did in Arzúa). Anyway, eventually we got to the bar Victoriano, had a beer and Amr charmed the woman there to make the call for us - no problem - and in 10 minutes a Mercedes pulled in and drove us ? 9 kms out into the country to this very charming casa rural. We have a lovely room (double bed, but one long pillow!) with a little enclosed and sunny balcony - where yesterday’s wet washing is drying - and a lovely outlook. And a very complicated shower, looked like dashboard of a jet!!

    Again we were lucky with weather - the rain at night had stopped by morning, and we had a cool walk, sunny with scudding clouds. And through more lovely forests, farms and villages. I think our current area is As Maronas, or Santa Mariña, but they are very small rural villages. Our bags again miraculously here, all is good. We think this beautiful walk to Finisterre is a carefully guarded secret - we knew about it, but had no idea it would be so lovely. And I guess that after walking the more than 700 kms from Pamplona to Santiago, our legs can manage to keep walking anywhere! But we are always happy to arrive at our destination each day I have to admit!

    I have a feeling this is not strong wifi, so if no photos appear that’s why!
    Read more