Satellite
  • Day 19

    Now in Liverpool

    September 17, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    It’s now Tuesday morning and I should write up yesterday briefly before we start our day. It was a travel day, just a train to Liverpool, but it took quite a while! We had booked online and got a very cheap fare, direct non stop from London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street, but discovered that it in fact took almost 4 hours, compared with the 2 hour fast ones! Didn’t matter, quite pleasant on the train - we made many stops - went through Rugby, Leeds, Coventry, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, and many others!!! Only drama was that we got behind schedule and at the 2nd last stop they said we couldn’t go on to Lime Street (Liverpool central station) maybe they lost their slot at a platform? Anyway, we were all off loaded wondering what was happening, but luckily we had Omnia calling to say that it was as easy to pick us up there, so we could leave all the chaos and go with her. Omnia had also got the train back to Liverpool, but she was on a train that left a bit after us, but arrived over an hour earlier, so she had time to get her car to pick us up...

    So now we are here at her very charming house for 2 nights. Last night we had dinner at the house of a delightful colleague of hers. A young, vibrant Egyptian doctor (Egyptian by birth but essentially English) with her husband and 2 sons. Great fun, and delicious meal - Egyptian hospitality and food. Now off to start this day. No photos yet.
    Read more